Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Stuff...

Yesterday when I went to the mail box I had an Easter card from RPM, thank you that was very thoughtful.

I’ve had acrylic nails for the past year and a half and for the most part enjoyed them. Really the thing I hated was waiting for them to dry and I felt like I was wasting my time. So over the weekend I decided to remove them myself, I got the acetone stuff and started soaking my fingernails then filing them then soaking them, this went on for about an hour. Can I just say they are killing me now and I still don’t have the acrylic completely off. Every time I decide to remove them I think the same thing, why did I ever get them to begin with! So along with my hair I’m going to let my fingernails grow out.

Yesterday husband and I went shopping for new tennis shoes, I love them!

5 comments:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

I get my nails done too every 2 weeks I go for a fill....It did a Number to my nails underneath....I took them off to give my natural nails a break...I remember they were so sore and when I put them in warm/hot wather they ached!
Why do we kill ourselves for beauty!?

Love the new Sneaks!

Sandy said...

Glad you like the card! Your nails always look great. Hope that pain goes away soon. I've messed up one of my toe nails and I'm embarrassed to get a pedicure but embarrassed to let my feet go around looking like they do. But I've never been one for doing my hair and nails...

kristie said...

i had gel nails once and remember when i 'removed' them my nail beds hurt for a few days. perhaps some tylenol would help? i just keep mine short now - i'm into too much to keep them long. the polish on the gel nails was worn off by day 2 of the manicure. cute new tennis shoes!

Pugalicious said...

My nails are very natural so I don't use acrylics or anything. I have worn fakes before and yes they hurt if you catch them on something. Yay for new tennies!

Punchbugpug said...

When I had acrylics I took them off every few months to give my natural nails breathing time. Usually if you soak them REALLY REALLY good, they will just get slimy and scrap off. A sore nail is like a toothache! Ouch!