Sunday, March 9, 2014

Shane's 21st birthday

March 1st was Shane's 21 birthday and also the weekend before Mardi Gras. We decided to go over to celebrate both and had such a good time. I really like New Orleans especially before it gets too hot to enjoy walking around. We had perfect weather - sunny mild temps during the day and a little cooler at night. I love to eat beignets at Café Du Monde so that was our first stop. I took a pic but can't find it anyway trust me they were wonderful.

We celebrated Shane's birthday in the hotel room. We got a baby cake! We also had a king cake.
Pics of the parades and us.
 

not a very good selfie
I don't watch The Walking Dead but this is the main actor from the show.
 The floats were so elaborate.
Billy wanted to see how many beads he could catch - he caught a ton!


In between the floats they had bands from all over the country and people riding horses with masks.
 


1 comment:

Sandy said...

That looks like a wonderful time and I can't believe Shane is that old now! I still see him when he was so little with long blonde hair from the time when you all were living in Hawaii! Wish I had some king cake...