Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, hopefully enjoying the company of family and friends and maybe a little bit of shopping.

Shane and I went to my parents for the holiday. My cousin now hosts Thanksgiving and Christmas. We had lots of good food and more importantly a good time visiting with each other. Seems like the stories always go back to when we were much younger but I enjoy talking about the good ole days. I have so much to be thankful for this year. The most important is having my parents here. We have had a roller coaster of a year with both of my parents being diagnosed with cancer. I'm thankful my mom is in remission and doing much better from the fractured vertebra and the fractured sternum. She is still not able to do too much but her pain level has gotten better. My dad is also stable, unfortunately he is in pain most of the time with the carcinoid tumor on his liver, at the same time so thankful it is a very slow growing type of tumor.

I'm now a Thirty One consultant. I'm loving this company and of course the products. I don't really have a big support system where we live, we don't do a lot of socializing like in the past so I really wanted to be part of something and be able to meet people and of course have fun doing it.

I really wish I would blog more often than every few months, I enjoy going back through the years and reading what was going on at that particular time in my life, maybe I will stick to it a little better than in the past, here's to hoping!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I am so glad your parents are doing better. It has been a rough year for you all. There is always something to be thankful for. I really like the Thirty-One bags, too. The Lincoln movie was really good. I hope you keep up your posting here. I don't post as much, but it's fun to go back and see what you did from year to year.