Sunday, March 22, 2009

The weekend

We've been so lucky to have great weather these past few weeks. I just love having the windows open and bringing that fresh smell inside. I don't have a window in my kitchen (it's in the center of the house) so when I'm cooking I can look out the window, this is the view. Don't look too close to the flower bed it needs more pine straw and cleaning out.
Friday Sandy came over for a visit, we both forgot to take pictures. We just sat around and went to a little vegetable stand up the road from my house. It was so nice to have her come see me. Last weekend when I went to see her she had made these pretty cards for me. Excellent packaging.
When I got home and opened up the box I realized she had made different designs. Thanks again.
Friday night I had my mom and brother and his family over for pizza. This was the first time brother's family have seen the house. It was so nice to have them over to our place, all these years it's always us at their house. The rest of the weekend was very relaxing. Two more days for husband to come home!

5 comments:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

I can smell the fresh air just reading your post...I cant wait until I can do that..we have a dusting of snow today....
I love the Cards Sandy made! she is so great at her card making!

Sandy said...

I enjoyed visiting, too. I'm so glad you all decided to stay here in this area. I'm glad you liked the cards. This sure is beautiful weather we're having.

AM said...

Yeah! I know you are loving be the hostess!

Pam said...

Those cards look wonderful. She does such a fantastic job.

We've been enjoying the Spring weather here too. It was finally warm for several straight days last week and I love how it totally changed my mood. It's just been a really gloomy winter.

Random Musings said...

Yes I did get the package!! I can not find my camera cord to load the pictures!!