Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm back!

Wow I can't believe how long I've been gone - how time flies! Everything is going really good - Shane and I have been really busy. Husband will be coming home next week to help me finish everything up inside. We're getting a fence and concrete for an extended driveway and patio so hopefully he can get all that situated before he goes back. He's been told he has the job in the next town from us but it could take another month for transfer to go through. Everything went smooth with the movers, they didn't get here until the 17th. We ended up having to camp out at our house for about 5 days because the heat went out at my parents place (where we've lived this past year) and of course it happened during the coldest week so far.

I've gotten all the big stuff organized - kitchen, dining room, bathrooms, and bedroom. Shane did an excellent job on his room and so far keeping it clean. Husband gets to tackle the garage when he gets home and unpack all his racing memorabilia. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my "extra" room. So far I've got my grandmother's sewing machine and my sewing machine sitting on top it, and two bookcases. I need a place to put my Partylite and Avon stuff most of which is still laying on the floor because I have no where to put it yet. I had big plans to paint before we moved in but changed my mind after seeing all the big walls! I'm sure we will get around to it just not anytime soon.

I'll post pictures soon, I really want to have pictures on the walls before I take any photos- I feel like it's not finished yet. I've missed everyone and can't wait to catch up with y'all.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Well, HOT DOG...I'm glad you're back. Missed your posts and I can't wait to get to see your house with your furniture and things! I'm so glad your husband's job is lined up and you all can get all in one place and in your new house! "Your room" is going to be so nice to work on your projects...and you can put all those candles and Avon in the big closet!

Random Musings said...

Welcome back!!!

You were missed!!! I can not wait for pictures!

Emily said...

welcome back! glad the move went good and your settling in to your new home. Can't wait to see pictures of everything, I bet its beautiful!

I sure have missed you!!!! :)

Pam said...

Yay! So glad to see you back!

I had to laugh about your painting notions until you saw all the walls. Every now and then I get a painting urge until I realize what a job it would be and then it fizzles out. Your new "fun" room sounds great and I'm sure you'll find room for everything soon.

As for pictures on the wall, I've been at thi shouse for nearly 3 years and I still have some blank walls. It's not because I don't want anything there, it's just that I can't decide what to put where. It's frustrating.

"M" said...

Nice to have you back and can't wait to see the pictures!

AM said...

Woohoo! Your're back online! I have been checking everyday! I am so excited and happy for you.

Mrs.D said...

Can't wait to see your pictures!

Swampgirl said...

I'm glad you are back! So curious to see the house! I doesn't have to be perfect- just the newness of it will be wonderful for me!!

♥B said...

I am so glad you are back! I have missed you!