Sunday, November 23, 2008

My white quirk!

Some of you already know this but I thought I expand on my white stuff quirk. I hate mayo and sour cream can't even stand the smell of either one. I don't eat any kind of white sauce, I do like some white cheese. If I eat a sandwich (from a restaurant) and the white cheese is melted and I know it has no mayo on it after a few bites I've talked myself into believing mayo is really on the sandwich and I can't eat it. The worst for me is feta cheese (Sandy and I were just talking about this one today) anyway when we lived in Turkey they had open food markets with meats and feta cheese just sitting out in the very warm temps and the smell was so horrible you would have to hold your breath when you passed by. I don't eat salad dressings or white based dips. I really wish I knew why I'm so bad with this issue. Maybe I should ask my boss! Does anyone else have a fear of a certain type of food or am I the only weird one?

8 comments:

Sandy said...

There's not much I won't eat...but organ meat and oysters..well, mushrooms I don't like and some kinds of seafood.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

I Hate Mayo too! the smell of it gags me!
I like most foods but there is something about the Octopus tentacles in a can at the store that makes my stomach turn!
GAH that is so gross!

Emily said...

I eat just about everything.. but now my husband is a different story. He sounds just like you. He HATES mayo and will not eat salad dressing of any sort.. no sour cream or sauces that some burgers may have on them. He won't even eat certain casseroles if they have any "cream of" soups in the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I'll suck down raw oysters--yum--but I don't like sushi. I really don't like the texture of shrimp, but I'll eat it if I have to.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

What if you dyed the sour cream with some food coloring? Could you eat it then??

Random Musings said...

weird.. I will never understand cuz I eat everything

Leah said...

Hmmmmmm.....I don't have any color issues, but texture is my issue. I don't like squishy, although I am getting better. Eggs are really hard for me. No matter how you cook them, they are always squishy.

kristie said...

i will NOT touch mayo, mustard or ketchup with a 20 foot pole. nor anything that contains them. also don't like creamy salad dressings. i will eat sour cream or any white cheese though. mayo literally make me throw up if i so much as look at it.