Monday, July 28, 2008

Update

I can't believe I haven't blogged in a week! I've really been busy with work, I worked some extra hours last week which will be nice when I finally get a paycheck. This week our office is closed but I'm still working just getting everything organized and caught up, it's really nice and quiet.

Saturday I went to a funeral, one of my mom's best friend who was also a long time family friend lost her battle with lung cancer after 10 years. I actually worked for her when I worked for the State way back in the 80's. I know this sounds strange but the service was so nice and truly a celebration of who she was.

Sunday husband and I went to the beach for a couple of hours, I can't believe how bad the jellyfish have been this year, it's really hard to go swimming because they are everywhere. As we were looking out at the water we saw (we think) a shark, it wasn't a dolphin because it never came up for air. I was trying to get a picture of it but you can't see it in this picture.
I love the sea oats and think they make such pretty pictures, I needed husbands camera to get a really good close up.
I'm looking forward to the end of the week, my SIL her kids (and Shane), and my mom are coming down. My cousins who were here last month are coming back down next week so we will have a condo on the beach to hang out at.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Those pictures of the beach are so pretty. I wonder why those jellies are so bad this year. I hear they are bad in destin too, so it must be a lot of the coast affected by it. I'm so sorry to hear of your friend passing...I remember you mentioning her over time. Sounds like a good weekend you have coming up. I know you are glad to be living here at this time so you get to see all your family that comes down this way.

Pam said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's friend.

Looks like you have a fun time coming up by being able to hand out at a condo on the beach. FUN!