Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Busy

I've been really busy this week, I love being busy since I usually have nothing to do. This Saturday night is my husband's retirement party (that still sounds so strange to say). Anyway we are having the party at my in-laws house and my MIL and I have been busy shopping for everything. I went by her house today and she already has the tables set up with serving plates and bowls on the table with the name of the item on an index card in it. I thought I was organized, she did catering years ago and actually did our wedding reception so she knows what she's doing and knows how to plan for a crowd, we are expecting about 40 people give or take a few. Of course I'll take plenty of pictures of all the food and decorations.

Early today husband saw mr. snake slithering across our yard, now I'm afraid to go outside even though I know it won't hurt me. Why do they have to look so scary?

I've got a question for anyone, when some of you leave a comment you have a picture attached to that comment, how do you do that?

9 comments:

kristie said...

GAH! the snake...will it ever go away?

your MIL is very organized. i thought i was...but she puts me to shame if she's already set up for the party.

as for picture: go to your blogger dashboard then edit profile then there is a place to add a picture. i think that's how it works.

kristie said...

update - i tried the picture thing and obviously it works! so that is how you do it.

AM said...

Yikes about the snake. TIme to move!

I am so so excited for you guys for the party! I cant wait to see the pictures of everything. THat's wonderful that your MIL is helping out so much.

Wendy said...

I am very excited to hear about the party:) How awesome that your MIL is helping you so much! I would do the same thing to organize myself:)

Sandy said...

That snake is scary looking. I am looking forward to the retirement party!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

You should get a mongoose. He'll take care of that snake. Sure, you'll eventually have to get something to take care of the mongoose, but at least you won't have a snake any more! Also, I hear cats can keep snakes away. Is this a poisonous snake? It looks like a regular black snake that will keep mice out of your yard, but come on. Who wants to be surprised by that thing in the garden? Not me!

Emily said...

I can't wait to see the pictures, I am glad that your MIL is able to help!

I hate snakes, I would be afraid too!

Pam said...

gah, you still have the snake?! I think I would just have to stay inside. haha.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of teh party this weekend.

Page said...

Did you figure out how to add a pic? It took me FOREVER to figure that out when I first started blogging and now I don't remember! (Guess I'm gonna have that pic of Sela for a long time!) Congrats and happy planning for your husband's retirement party! Don't forget to take lots of pictures...oh, and I'm pretty sure that's a black racer or black garden snake in your backyard. We had one...actually two (saw them mating once!) in our backyard when we first moved to our house a couple of years ago. It used to scare me to death but I was determined not to hurt him and even named him "Sam". Then, our neighbors shot him. With a gun. In the city limits!! I haven't seen a snake since, though.