Thursday, January 17, 2008

School and weekend

I knew there was a reason I wasn't in a hurry for Shane to start back to school - homework! Especially since husband helps him with algebra and science and that's what he had for homework tonight. Husband hurry up and get here! Shane seems to be doing pretty good for his second day, he knows where all his classes are which is really good because the school is pretty big.

Now that he's in school I finally started back reading and knitting. We've been visiting with the in-laws after he gets out of school and today I taught my MIL how to knit. We are going to take a knitting class starting next week, I need to learn how to make something other than a scarf.

This weekend we are going up to my parents for a visit. I may have an idea for my giveaway after the weekend. We don't really have any plans just visiting with everyone and since Monday is a holiday we will come back that afternoon. I'm so glad the trip is just a 2 1/2 hour drive and we are able to go as much as we have.

7 comments:

GirlyFruFru said...

Hi Magnoia, who taught you to knit ? I wish I had the patience to do it..

Sandy said...

I'm so glad you are going to do a knitting class. I might have to watch you sometime to see how that goes. Have a great time at your parents' this weekend. I guess being only 2 to 3 hours away from your parents' house is a great thing for you since you have been used to being days away.

Emily said...

I would love to know how to knit and sew.. but I doubt I will ever learn.

Can't wait to see what you learn to do.

Pam said...

I just just checked out a knitting class yesterday. I think I'm going to sign up for one myself soon.

Punchbugpug said...

Sounds like your finding lots to do. When does hubby move?

Random Musings said...

Yeah all I can do is a scarf too.. and now I have one sitting on my knitting needles because I can not cast off... umm yeah... That and I can only do one stitch.. I do not even know how to pearl??

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Homework is unreal now! even my 4th grader comes home with homework I have to really sit and try to figure it out! They learn in a different way than we were tought...so confusing!