Monday, August 6, 2007

The weekend

Another great weekend. Friday after work I went to the pond as usual and enjoyed being outside with the warm weather. We didn't do anything Friday night (I can't remember) so we must have just stayed around the house.

Saturday - what a beautiful day for the beach, it was actually extremely hot here and I played in the water, husband and Shane said it was still too cool for them - they were being wimpy. I really enjoyed being in the water. The sand was so hot, I don't think I've ever felt sand so hot, we had to wear our flip flops down to the water so we didn't burn the bottom of our feet. Y'all know how I love hot weather so I'm not complaining.

Yesterday was husband's birthday (he didn't want me to post any pictures of him) but he had a nice day. He played golf for the first time since way before his back surgery over a year ago and really enjoyed being outside golfing just like old times. He played with a friend that was here visiting family that we were stationed with in Hawaii, so it really was like old times. I made him a cake and got his favorite ice cream (chocolate with peanut butter) but he had to cook his dinner, salmon and shrimp and of course it was wonderful. Now back to the work week.

4 comments:

AM said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!

Sandy said...

Yummy dinner and cake and ice cream...Tell your husband Happy Birthday! I've felt the sand like that hear before but probably not as bad as the darker sand up there. Ouch!

Pam said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Ya the sand was hot it burned my feet too....Can you believe we were just down a aways from you? only if we walked a bit further I may have seen you!
That Birthday dinner sounds great! Yum!