Monday, July 2, 2007

Weekend recap

Yesterday husband went to Nascar race as planned, he had a really good time. The weather was pretty good for having to sit out in the sun all day. The girls and I went to the Border Cafe, a really good mexican restaurant. I had the chicken fajitas - very tasty.

Saturday we went to the beach, our next door neighbors went with us. We had a really good time, my girlfriend got so blistered her eyes were swollen! She wouldn't listen to me about putting sunscreen on. After we got back from the beach I did a little shopping, I got husband some shorts and I got a couple more pair of flip flops (old navy for $2 each) and another pair of khaki capris - I have so many khaki capris but they are all different.

My husband keeps loosing weight and has nothing that fits him. The shorts I got him are too big, I told him he needs to gain about 15 pounds then he would have something that fits. He's been really stressed out about work. As most of you know he's in the Air Force and we are waiting to see if they are going to medically retire him due to his back (he had back surgery last year). He is on a profile which means he can't be deployed (glad for that) but because he can't be deployed they will probably medically retire him. If that happens we have to figure out where we will move, he will have to find a job, I'll have to find a job, we will have to find a house to live in just everything we aren't use to. He's been in the AF for 18 years so it will be a big adjustment for us. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I know something, hopefully it will be soon because we feel like we are on a rollercoaster. Maybe I'll be living near one of you!

8 comments:

AM said...

Do you two want the medical retirement? There are no downsides to that are there? I suppose its either retire now, or in 2 years. Big Decisions to make! I cant wait to hear what places are on your list to live in.

Pam said...

I hope everything works out for you guys!
I have tons of Khaki capris too. You can't ever had too many! lol!

Magnolia Sun said...

AM - it doesn't matter to us since we will receive all the same benefits. Just trying to figure where to live now instead of in two years.

kristie said...

oh, you could come live here! we have great weather...hot just like you like it. funny about the khaki capris - i'm the same way but with black ones.

Punchbugpug said...

Phew, lots of stuff to stress you guys out! Where do you guys "want" to live???? Thought you wanted to move back south? Near RAGUS????? You can move to us, but you have to like SNOW, and COLD!

Magnolia Sun said...

Punchy - we do want to be closer to home but it will depend on the job my husband can get so for the near future it could be anywhere!

Sandy said...

You know I want you guys to get back down here!! But if you don't get right down here, at least get somewhere within driving distance of a day!! I know that is scary to be getting out from the security of the military after being there for so long but you two are hard workers and no doubt you will find good jobs. It will work out.

I feel for your friend with the sunburn. I saw a few people Saturday at the beach that were so very sunburned and I thought to myself...y'all just don't know what it will feel like tonight and tomorrow! I would take a thin cotton scarf and wet it down and put it over my face while I was laying on the beach to keep the sun off but I could still breathe through it.

Special K ~Toni said...

Wow! I would hate to be in this limbo! Hope it all works out and that you know something soon!